Mold Remediation – ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons
ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons provides professional Mold Remediation and Removal for commercial and residential properties
What is Mold and Do I Have It?
Mold strains — Candida, Cladosporium, Stachybotrys, Aspergillus, — it goes by many different names, but it is one hazardous problem … MOLD! Whether the unwelcome mold is the result of Water Damage such as a hidden leak, flood, broken pipes, or high indoor humidity, mold forms in as little as 48 hours when excessive moisture and poor air circulation are present indoors. Mold has been identified as a major cause of allergies and poor indoor air quality. If you need a mold abatement company in Chicago or its suburbs, ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons is the mold remediation and removal expert.
How Does ServiceMaster By Simons Remediate and Remove Mold?
- Test and observe environment (testing performed by an outside environmental testing company or an environmental hygienist)
- Identify the problem and possible causes, such as water leaks or moisture issues.
- Alert your insurance provider of the extent and prescribed solutions (when necessary)
- For your safety, our ServiceMaster mold remediation specialists seal off contaminated areas and provide indoor air filtration systems.
- Eradicate mold and suppress/contain spore spread
- Apply Anti-Microbial Solutions
After the mold damage restoration work is completed, we’ll provide tips and support to help you keep a healthy, mold-free environment for your family and/or employees.
Is Mold Growth Common?
Yes. Despite the rapidly growing body of knowledge about mold, it remains the subject of a lot of confusion. Whether in the shower, on a stale piece of bread, or wet drywall, we have all encountered mold at one time or another.
According to the Center For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC), Mold is very common. Found both outdoors and indoors, no one knows exactly how many mold species exist, but it is estimated to exceed over 300,000 strains. We live around mold all the time, but it becomes unsafe when it grows inside of the structures we occupy, especially when it grows to unhealthy proportions, as to affect our health and well-being.
ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons provides mold remediation and removal for the following:
- Commercial Properties
- Residential Properties
- Real Estate Agents and Brokers
- Vacant Properties
- Properties in Receivership
- Schools and Daycare’s
What Creates Mold in My Property?
While there are thousands of known species of mold, here are some of the common characteristics:
- Mold is a microscopic life form found in all parts of the world
- It is part of the natural decomposition of organic materials
- Mold requires three things to grow: nutrients, moisture, and time
- The most common food source indoors is cellulose, which is found in wood and drywall
- Since mold requires oxygen, it cannot grow underwater
- Mold requires moisture to grow, which means buildings must be kept dry to prevent the growth
- Mold is spread by tiny particles called “spores” that become airborne or attach to the skin, fur, clothing, etc.
What Are The Signs and Symptoms of Mold Growth?
- Patchy, dark discoloration of walls, ceilings, windows, and/ or furniture
- Musty odor – Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds or MVOC
Possible Physical Symptoms Due To Mold Exposure:
- Cold/Flu-like symptoms
- Wheezing/difficulty breathing
- Dry, Scaly Skin
Mold Remediation And Removal Near Me?
Don’t worry! If you have a Mold Growth — or suspect you do — and you require the professional services of a mold removal company, contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons. Our mold removal specialists have the knowledge, equipment, and products to get rid of this potentially dangerous invader. ServiceMaster Restore® has been helping families remove mold for over a half-century. Let ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons help you too!
Call us at 855-9-SIMONS or 855-974-6667 to set up a consultation and estimate for Mold Remediation and Removal for your Commercial or Residential property.