Six Classes Of Fire Damage – ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons – Chicago Master Fire & Smoke Restorer
If your commercial or residential property has sustained Fire & Smoke Damage, it is important for you to understand the Six Classes Of Fire Damage associated with it.
Knowing these important facts will help you understand the approach that ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons will take in the Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration & Cleaning process to your property.
- Class “A” Fire Damage – Fire & Smoke Damage occurring from a Class “A” Fire are usually the result of a fire that has burned products including plastic, paper, rubber, cloth, and wood.
- Class “B” Fire Damage – Fire & Smoke Damage as a result of a Class “B” Fire usually include the combustion of flammable liquids and solids that can be liquefied. These products include gasoline and petroleum products, waxes and plastics.
- Class “C” Fire Damage – Fire & Smoke Damage from a Class “C” Fire include the combustion of flammable gases including, but not limited to hydrogen, propane, natural gas, high concentration oxygen, and butane.
- Class “D” Fire Damage – Fire & Smoke Damage from a Class “D” Fire include the combustion of flammable metals including but not limited to Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium.
- Class “E” Fire Damage – Fire & Smoke Damage from a Class “E” Fire involves both classes “A & B.” Class “E” indicates the inclusion of electrical elements that alter the way these types of fires are extinguished by firefighters.
- Class “F” Fire Damage – Fire & Smoke Damage from Class “F” Fires involve organic matter like cooking oils, fats and distilled products. These fires burn significantly hotter and the soot damage can be quite severe.
If your property has been affected by Fire & Smoke Damage, immediately contact ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons and let our IICRC Certified Master Fire & Smoke Restorers begin the Fire Damage Restoration & Cleaning of your property right away.
Call Us at 773-376-1110 or contact us here.