ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons, the North Shore’s leader in commercial and residential specialty cleaning services, provides professional hoarder cleanup services to Wilmette.
With its low crime rate, affordable housing and short commute into the city, it’s no wonder that Wilmette is one of the most desirable bedroom communities to live in north of Chicago. With charming homes and a great school system, it’s a place many people are proud to call home. If you’re living in Wilmette and have a friend or loved one who is having issues with hoarding or clutter in their home, we can help.
While the cause of hoarding is not entirely known, experts do know that it is a mental health issue linked closely with obsessive compulsive disorder and tends to increase with age. What starts out as a seemingly eccentric collection of items can turn into a more serious condition and compulsion for some people.
Here are some common signs to look for to determine if your friend, neighbor or loved one has clutter issues in their home or if it has progressed to a hoarding situation:
- Excessive amounts of items of little use or value.
- Reluctance to get rid of anything because they think they might need it later.
- Saving things they might need in the future.
- Frequent online shopping binges and unused items from them.
- Stacking or piling of objects in hallways, doorways, basements or attics.
- Rooms that are unusable because of clutter.
- Hoarding of animals.
- Unwillingness to allow people into their homes.
- Broken appliances or other items in the home beyond repair.
- Structural damage to the home.
- Rodents or insect infestations.
- High levels of odors in the home (typically ammonia-based if animal hoarding is involved).
As someone who does not suffer from the disorder, you may think that these living conditions cannot be reversed. Fortunately, that’s not the case. ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons has dealt with clutter and hoarding cleanup situations in Wilmette in the past and has been highly successful at restoring many homes back to a safe and healthy living condition. Our trained and empathetic technicians can help with every aspect of the untenable situation to restore the home back to a habitable and hygienic state. From pack out services to helping liaison with health care professionals, we can assist you and your loved ones. Please call us at 847-316-9145 for your discreet and professional quote for our hoarder cleanup services in Wilmette.